Nigerian artists are quite versatile, singing isn’t the only thing they know how to do best which is why we have curated the top 5 Nigerian artists that have starred in a movie.
5. Vector (Lara and the beats)
Vector played the character of Sal ‘Mr. Beats’ Gomes in the 2018 movie, “Lara and the Beats”. He played the roles of a driver and a music producer in the movie.
4. iLLBliss (King of boys)
Nigerian Rapper, iLLBliss played the role of a gangster who goes by the name, Odogwu Malay in the 2018 political thriller film, “King Of Boys”. In an interview with Pulse, iLLBliss revealed that he had gotten over 16 scripts after his stint in the movie.
3. Reminisce ( King of boys)
Reminisce just like his counterpart, iLLBliss acted in “King of Boys” as a Gang lord named Makanaki. He revealed later that it took the movie director, Kemi Adetiba eight months to convince him to act in the movie.
2. Banky W (Sugar Rush, Wedding party, Up North)
Banky W is a versatile celebrity who sings, rap acts and also preaches. The singer made his acting debut in “Wedding Party” where he played a groom to his current wife, Adesua Etomi. He later went on to star in movies like Up North and Sugar Rush.
1. Falz (Jenifa’s diary, Chief Daddy, Ten days in sun city, Merry men e.t.c)
- Falz‘ ease into acting was a result of short skits he released when he was just an upcoming artist. The Rapper/singer has no problem playing any role. He has starred in movies like Couple of Days, 10 Days in Sun City, Merry Men, Chief Daddy. But his role as Sege in popular comic series, “Jenifa’s Diary” has seen him break the record as the first Nigerian Artist to win an AMVCA.