The year 2020 started well with some great songs released but the coronavirus brought a lockdown on us, it ended up stopping some vibes we could feel.
Since Corona lockdown, everything has never been the same, especially in the music industry, the lockdown reduces 70% of the entertainment activity, shutting down of clubs, no live concerts, tours, no expressive unlimited music video shoots, almost half the fun gone.
The epidemic affected some songs and thereby cutting off the expectations and less impactful;
Below are the top 10 songs of 2020 affected by the pandemic:
1. Olamide – Loading ft Bad Boy Timz
The song is a hit, did very well but should’ve been bigger and impactful…especially raging with it in a live concert, casual and usual events, clubs, etc.
- RELATED: 10 Throwback Songs from Olamide that you should re-visit
- RELATED: Olamide named as Most Indigenous Artiste of the Decade
2. 2Baba – Opo feat. Wizkid
Song was produced by Blaq Jerzee, treated as a single off his body of work “Warriors” great melody, catchy song but went in the thin air very fast, it was majorly affected by the pandemic, it dropped during the crucial time of the lockdown.
- RELATED: Wizkid FC at the Forefront of Stan Culture
- RELATED: Wizkid’s Made In Lagos re-enters Billboard World albums charts
3. Bella Shmurda – Cashapp feat. Zlatan & Lincoln
One of the biggest street commercial song of 2020, it was a massive hit, impacted but would’ve done more if not for the pandemic, it’s a type of song that the crowds perform for an artiste, singing word to word, this particular moment, attest to the fact that song is massive.
- RELATED: Top 5 Bella Shmurda Still Trending Songs
- RELATED:Top 10 Naija Songs from the Raves of the Moment
4. Terri – Ojoro
Ojoro by Starboy Terri, produced by 2x platinum record producer Sarz, was heavily affected by the pandemic, a hit song that barely serves its purpose, a song that would’ve impacted so much in the street.
5. Badboy Timz – MJ
A calm vibe hit song that could have become an anthem, nevertheless Timz arguably owns it and would’ve yielded more, if there was no Corona.
6. Zinoleesky – Ma Pariwo
A breakthrough song for Zinoleesky, try his best, and was booming on the street because of its catchy lines, could’ve been bigger though.
- RELATED: The rise to fame and achievements of Marlian Music singer Zinoleesky
- RELATED: Top 10 Naija street songs that dominated 2020
7. Tiwa Savage – Koroba
- RELATED: Top 5 Tiwa Savage’s Achievements in 2020
- RELATED: Throwback: Top 5 Songs from Tiwa Savage’s ‘Once Upon A Time’ album
8. Yemi Alade – Shekere feat. Angelique Kidjo
9. DJ Tunez – Pami feat. Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
Also in the best indigenous Collaboration of 2020 conversations, the feature was elite, first time AG & Wizkid on a track, all of them delivered, Omah lay added a very epic vibe to the song too, but it couldn’t do more because of the pandemic.
- RELATED: Omah Lay’s Rise To fame and Top 5 Achievements in 2020
- RELATED: 20 Biggest Naija Songs Of 2020 – 2nd Half
10. Zlatan – Lagos Anthem
As usual, it would’ve banged more, especially during the ‘Owambe’ event, had the kind of vibe that will be on heavy rotation during casual events.