These are the top 10 Nigerian hit songs pre-coronavirus outbreak
The year 2020 started well with some great songs that were released but the coronavirus brought a lockdown, and here are the top 10 Nigerian hit songs pre-coronavirus outbreak
The epidemic affected some songs and thereby cutting off the expectations and less impactful;
Throwback: Top 10 Nigerian hit songs pre-coronavirus outbreak
Olamide – Loading ft Bad Boy Timz
The song is a hit, did very well but should’ve been bigger and impactful…especially raging with it in a live concert, casual and usual events, clubs, etc.
- RELATED: 10 Throwback Songs from Olamide that you should re-visit
- RELATED: Olamide named as Most Indigenous Artiste of the Decade
2Baba – Opo feat. Wizkid
Song was produced by Blaq Jerzee, treated as a single off his body of work “Warriors” great melody, catchy song but went in the thin air very fast, it was majorly affected by the pandemic, it dropped during the crucial time of the lockdown.
- RELATED: Wizkid FC at the Forefront of Stan Culture
- RELATED: Wizkid’s Made In Lagos re-enters Billboard World albums charts
Bella Shmurda – Cashapp feat. Zlatan & Lincoln
One of the biggest street commercial songs of 2020, it was a massive hit, impacted but would’ve done more if not for the pandemic, it’s a type of song that the crowds perform for an artiste, singing word to word, this particular moment, attest to the fact that song is massive.
- RELATED: Top 5 Bella Shmurda Still Trending Songs
- RELATED: Top 10 Naija Songs from the Raves of the Moment
Terri – Ojoro
Ojoro by Starboy Terri, produced by 2x platinum record producer Sarz, was heavily affected by the pandemic, a hit song that barely serves its purpose, a song that would’ve impacted so much in the street.
Badboy Timz – MJ
A calm vibe hit song that could have become an anthem, nevertheless Timz arguably owns it and would’ve yielded more, if there was no Corona.
Zinoleesky – Ma Pariwo
A breakthrough song for Zinoleesky, try his best, and was booming on the street because of its catchy lines, could’ve been bigger though.
- RELATED: The rise to fame and achievements of Marlian Music singer Zinoleesky
- RELATED: Top 10 Naija street songs that dominated 2020
Tiwa Savage – Koroba
This is a type of vibe that sticks in the ear, the street will certainly vibe to it more if the going was good, one of the best feel-good songs from Tiwa Savage that came out last year.
- RELATED: Top 5 Tiwa Savage’s Achievements in 2020
- RELATED: Throwback: Top 5 Songs from Tiwa Savage’s ‘Once Upon A Time’ album
Yemi Alade – Shekere feat. Angelique Kidjo
This song is one of the most underrated collaborations of 2020, Africa-themed vibe with an iconic flow from legendary Kidjo, Yemi Alade brought her best game on the record, the video was also very creative.
DJ Tunez – Pami feat. Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
Also in the best indigenous Collaboration of 2020 conversations, the feature was elite, it first time AG & Wizkid were on a track, and all of them delivered, Omah Lay added a very epic vibe to the song too, but it couldn’t do more because of the pandemic.
- RELATED: Omah Lay’s Rise To fame and Top 5 Achievements in 2020
- RELATED: 20 Biggest Naija Songs Of 2020 – 2nd Half
Zlatan – Lagos Anthem
As usual, it would’ve banged more, especially during the ‘Owambe’ event, which had the kind of vibe that will be on heavy rotation during casual events.