Starboy Entertainment music prodigy Terri is one of Nigeria’s fast-growing Afrobeat artists, but for how long?
Mp3bullet looks into whether we should expect an album from Starboy Terri this year.
Since joining the Starboy record label, Terri has not single-handedly held the Nigerian music industry spellbound.
However, he has a chance to command the industry’s attention, and earn his place at the top alongside his boss Wizkid.
Terri started gaining attention after he did a cover to Wizkid‘s “Oshe” in the latter days of 2017.
Having identified the young aspiring singer, Wizkid unveiled him as a new signee in February 2018.
Then, in that same year, he featured in Wizkid‘s “Soco” alongside other young artists, and this was the beginning of his fame.
- RELATED: Top Nigerian collaborations in the month of January
- RELATED: 5 Nigerian artists who Wizkid assisted to prominence
After Soco, Terri released a couple of other songs like ‘Bia‘, ‘Non-Stop‘, ‘One Me‘, but none added to his promising career.
Sadly, his label did not do enough in promotions and other activities that would have pushed these songs out.
At this point, the confidence and hopes bestowed on him from fans began to dwindle.
Also, speculations started rising on how Wizkid isn’t a good artist manager, and folks started advising the young Terri to resign from the label.
About the same time, the new school acts like Fireboy, Rema, Joeboy have been dropping back-to-back hits.
However, in 2020, he announced the release of his Ep ‘Afroseries‘, and without exaggeration, it was one of the most anticipated Eps.
On arrival of the long-overdue 7 track Ep in May 2020, the lost confidence from fans began to restore back.
- RELATED: Top Nigerian EPs of 2020
- RELATED: Top Joint Collaboration projects we want to see from Nigerian Artists
The big question: What does Terri need to sustain this confidence from fans this year?
Another single? No! Another Ep? No! But an album probably with features will do the trick.
However, he has never made mention of any album or if he has plans for any.
This is quite worrisome because day in day out, more competitions are emerging in the industry.
Basically, the sustaining force of most artists is good management and good music content.
Terri has produced some good music content that could add to an album and his most recent single “Come Around” isn’t taking a fall.
So, should we expect an album from Staboy Terri this year?
- No announcement whatsoever regarding that has been made.
- If he should make any announcement regarding an album, it is all going to be to his advantage and achievement
- He is long overdue in releasing one, and to catch up with his colleagues he should not hesitate in producing one.
- He has produced some good music content that could fit into an album.