Nigerian singer, Rema has achieved another feat as he made it to the Forbes 30 under 30 list for 2021.
Rema alongside his South African counterparts, Master KG and Kabza De Small were the artists who were included on the list.
Forbes Africa announced the release of the list via their Instagram page on Tuesday, the 1st of June 2021.
This is the seventh edition of the series and it’s titled “A New Covid-Induced Agenda for Social Change”. The criteria for getting on this year’s list, therefore, was being young innovators and risk-takers in a pandemic year. They wrote on the post;
“FORBES AFRICA 30 UNDER 30 CLASS OF 2021 COVER STARS Members of this year’s list of under 30s have one thing in common: A NEW COVID-INDUCED AGENDA FOR SOCIAL CHANGE. So what would a historic pandemic year throw up? ground-breaking entrepreneurs and thinkers.
Our 2021 class of under 30s are just that: influential creatives, imaginative business owners, innovative techies, and gifted sports stars. Celebrating seven years of the Forbes Africa 30 Under 30 list, these achievers prove that now more than ever, they are crucial to The African Growth Story.”
Other African musicians that have featured on the previous Forbes Africa 30 Under 30 list include; Wizkid, Burna Boy, Davido, DJ Cuppy, Mr Eazi, Patoranking, Sho Madjozi, and Nasty C.
View this post on Instagram
- RELATED: Why Rema is the next big thing in the Nigerian music industry
- RELATED: Davido, Wizkid, Burna Boy others make Forbes Africa icons list for 2021
Full List of the Inductees of the Forbes 30 under 30 2021;
- Ifan Ifeanyi Michael – Creative artist & filmmaker.
- Timilehin Bello – CEO and Founder of Media Panache.
- Temidayo Oniosun – Founder of Space in Africa.
- Amarachi Nwosu – self-taught visual artist, storyteller, and CEO of Melanin Unscripted.
- Divine Ikubor (also known as Rema) – Musician.
- Wale Lawal – Founder and Editor-In-Chief of The Republic.
- Sepenica Darko – Founder of FarmerTribe Company
- Cleo Johnson – Founder & Director of NUECLEO.
- Lebohang Moeletsi Phadi – CEO of Basadi Logistics.
- Deborah Mutwemwa – Founder and CEO Tsumbo Scott Incorporated.
- Bontle Tshole – CEO and Founder of BAAA Health.
- Hertzy Kabeya – Founder and CEO of The Student Hub.
- Mihlali Ndamase – Creative and Digital Influencer.
- Kgaogelo Moagi (also known as Master KG) – Music Artist & Producer.
- Li-Chi Pan – Art Director & Digital Influencer, Founder of Li Chi Pan Studios.
- Julio “Beast” Bianchi – E-Gamer, FIFA Player.
- Cheslin Kolbe – Rugby player.
- Thabo Moloi – E-Gamer, FIFA Player.
- Kabelo Motha (also known as Kabza De Small) – Producer & DJ.
- Lukhanyo Am – Rugby player.
- Brian Kakembo – Founder, and CEO of Weye Clean Energy Co. Ltd.
- Felix Byaruhanga – Founder of Skyline media and Management LTD.
- James Kang’aru Mwangi – Founder, and CEO of Epitome School of Chess.
- Harrykrishna Niadassen Poonoosamy Padiachy, Mauritius, Founder of NKH Energy.
- Reinhard Mahalie – Fashion stylist and founder of RM Fashion Styling
- Shakemore Timburwa – Founder of Energy Plus.
- Tendai Kevin Zhou – Founder of VP Hostings.
- Hayze Engola – Musician, Creative, & founder of KNQR Investments.
- Tilka Paljk – Swimmer.
- Antonio Depina, Cape Verde, Founder, Overseas Basketball Connection, Praia League.