Mp3bullet's Monthly Majority Choice (MMMC) [April 2016 Edition]
Mp3bullet’s monthly majority choice (MMMC) is a monthly review of our top 30 downloads for the month. Not just that we also bring you songs with enough potential to grace your playlist, we call this segment ‘worthy to be mentioned’ we trust that you wouldn’t be disappointed with our list and you’d find it scintillating enough to download those you do not have on your phone.
Sit back and enjoy the ride.
1. Olamide – Who You Epp?: Self acclaimed king of the street’s single ‘Who you epp’produced by Shizzi is on our top spot for this month’s edition of top monthly downloads. YBNL boss did not only earn this spot for his badass flows in the single but also for the free bars he left for all and sundry to jump on and flex their music skills. We have lost count of the number of artists who have jumped on the song. Surprisingly more people are still dropping verses on the left bars.
2. Falz – Bahd Baddo Baddest ft. Davido & Olamide: Colossal collaboration! What else would you have expected from these 3 talented and hardworking fellas?? They checked on everything needed for a song to be termed good, dope lyrical content, some wonderful rhythm andFalz’s comical style of dropping his flows. We love.
3. Lil Kesh – Ishe: Wonders happen when you have a dope producer. Pheelz’s mindblowing intro was not laid to waste as Lil Kesh stood up to that standard. This song has a special attractive force that makes you fall in love with it and get hooked. It’s no wonder it’s one of the top 3 on the list.
4. Pepenazi – Iwo Na ft Lil Kesh: Pepenazi has a way of going away with ‘illegal’ singles. This song is a very controversial one tho. This is a song you can sing along and also coin a slang from. Iwo na…. yeske.
5. Olamide x Reminisce – who you epp? : We all know how blunt Reminisce is, well this one isn’t any stranger as he bounces on Olamide’s who you epp. He wasn’t afraid to tell it how it really is.
6. Olamide x Lil kesh – who you epp?: Mr me YAGI! Lil Kesh who is known for being young and getting it right scored a 100% on this spiritual beat as he put it. Boss’s lyrics are way out of this world. His verse holds enough message that sure hit home!
7. Davido x Akon x Runtown – Chillin: There are so many reasons this song enjoyed massive downloads. Firstly, it came out as a leak, secondly it took Davido more than 6 months to release this single after his previous one and lastly the almighty Akon featured in the song.
8. Adekunle Gold – Ready: Adekunle Gold continues his search for love in this single. This song which happens to be his first single this year is another prove that he’d be around for a long time. We hope he finds love in his next single tho.
9. 2face Idibia – Mr Senator: Y’all already know that 2Baba doesn’t do shit. Tho we are not sure if it’s a new single or an already recorded song that didn’t make its way out early enough what we know of certain is that you’d find yourself singing along to this song in no time.
10. Olamide x Chinko Ekun – Who You Epp?: Chinko Ekun’s version of who you epp is a good example of quality and quantity. Unlike others, Chinko dropped 2 blazing verses to this beat and had us wanting a third. His style is also very different from what we’ve been hearing from other rappers. Street rated 100%.
11. Mayorkun – Eleko: Davido signing this dude is not a mistake at all. This guy gets you hooked immediately you listen to the song. Mayorkun who got signed just after a 10 second video on Instagram is not a face to fade anytime soon. It’s time to show the world the talent Davido spotted in me & I am not relenting”’ he said. He is sure to deliver even more.
12. Olamide x Wande coal x phyno – Who You Epp?: Yeah you read that correctly. With 3 bad bosses on a track, You’re guaranteed to not be disappointed. This is a certified smash! One you’d like to keep in your archive for as long as possible.
13. Kiss daniel – Mama: Kiss Daniel has secretly vowed to never stop wowing us! This guy has a special gift of getting you hooked to his singles on your first listening. In this case it’s a bit more, as much as this single is a good club banger, Its lyrics would also teach you to love right and make you want to be with the right partner no matter the cost! Relationship goals on fleek.
14. Reekado Banks – Machinery: This song is guaranteed to break your back, don’t take my word for it just listen to it and you’d find out how much of a club banger it is. Reekado who won the next rated awards at the last headie’s is proving to be worthy of the award. Reekie tom tom….this name gets me laughing all the time.
15. Rayce ft. Davido – Wetin Dey (Remix): If the original version of this song was too good to earn him a record deal how much more do you expect the remix to be with OBO hopping on the joint! Sold out music! .Aside being a good song, Oritsefemi’s ‘threat’ for putting the msn logo on the track’s artwork made the song garner a lot of downloads. Sometimes we have our enemies to thank.
16. Timaya – Money ft Flavour: Timaya has never fallen short of dropping hits. This tale of how he metamorphosed from being broke to being very rich is being told in this lovely song.
17. Masterkraft – Abo ft CDQ & Vector: Superstar producer has done it again. This time he comes for rap lovers. A joint with Vector and CDQ is sure to slay…. Less noise, word play on fleek, Big boy track certified.
18. Frank Edwards ft. Don Moen – Ka Anyi Bulie: This is different from the common gospel music you listen to. Why, you may want to ask?? Children sang the chorus and they nailed it. This is sure to make you dance in high praise to God that aside, Frank and Don Moendisplayed a cogent spiritual virtue – Humility. Two great stars having kids do their chorus! Now that’s something..anyways is still ‘Ka Anyi Bulie’ for me. *dancing*
19. Dremo – Fela: Dremo,One of the latest members of the HKN Gang has really done justice to this tribute to the Music legend, Fela Anikulapokuti. The rap attack will definitely want you to put this song on repeat.
20. Jesse Jagz – Reputation: Jesse Jagz returns after a short absence from the music scene with this hot single. The beat is blazing and totally way out of this world, not only that, he spat enough content to make this song compete with your favourite song. After listening to this song, I guess it is safe to say he is our own 2pac.
21. Ycee – Shots: Hard working Omo Alhaji has come to stay. We can’t get enough of him and he’s got all of our body parts screaming for more! This single is silly interesting. It hasn’t seized from tempting me to flex my dabbing skillz…
22. Jaywon – Kule Lori ft Reminisce & Seriki: What else do you expect from the wicked producer, Young John if not a full blown hit. Kule lori is not only certified to make you dance but also make you laugh…Reminisce as usual said it as it really is.
23. CDQ – First come first serve (Prod-by-masterkraft): You like subtle music right??? You’d like this if you do. General Records lead act and rapper,CDQ thrills on this new Masterkraft produced tune. Shakitibobo on fleek. Not giving a care in the world.
24. Olamide x Subzilla – Who You Epp?: Amidst his trending single & music video “Sisi Eko (Remix)” featuring Reminisce andTekno,Lams Records talented singer/songwriter “Subzilla” surfaces with his own version of Olamide’s street banger “Who You Epp?”, with production credit given to HKN Ace producer “Shizzi”.
25. Cobhams Asuquo – Boosit ft Falz: You do not have to be serious everytime as humans we are permitted to play around once in a while. Ace producer Cobhams Asuquo and Falz expantiated on this theory in this super interesting song. As funny as the song maybe they did not stray away from passing their message across. No more boosit (bullshit).
26. Chinko Ekun – Ekun Binu: YBNL Tiger as he is known describes this single as a sumptuous meal to quench the hunger of his fans.
27. Sojay x olamide – Garawa: Olamide has that reputation of dropping it like it’s hot in every song he is featured in. Sojay’s cool voice in this Reggae dance hall matched Olamide’s prowess and boom we have a cool song.
28. L.a.x – Ole ft Dremo & Ycee: L.A.X’s baritone voice and rising stars like Dremo and Ycee makes this song ear friendly.
29. Kcee – Correct ft Yemi Alade: This song is truly African. One that even older citizens can boogie down to. This is tale of sweet love and how its ups and downs wouldn’t do any serious damage. It’s another correct tune from the Limpopo master.
30. Ycee – Panda (Cover): Jagaban: YCEE covers probably the hottest hip hop joint out of America at the moment “Panda”. This is an exceptional effort as YCEE fuses elements of the original song and adds his usual easy feel to it.
Worthy to be mentioned.
The songs in this category are songs that we declare as really good and are worthy to be saved on your gadgets. For the month of April we have:
i. Frank Edwards – God over everything: God Over Everything is a different type of offering from the Rocktown boss himself. It’s hip, it’s fresh and urban. Mr Edwards, who bust a few bars on the track dedicates “…this to every youth out there who is born again despite peer pressure and all I celebrate you.
ii. Olamide x Mizz Kiss – Who you epp?: Mz kizz is one lady I love! And I mean that with all my heart. The reason is not far fetched tho… She is one lady who does street rap and does it extraordinarily well. Lyrical content on point! This is another song that showcases her talent.
iii. Ajebutter 22– Bad gang ft. Falz: Ajebutter has that voice that makes you want to melt, well that’s if you’re a lady. This song recorded with Falz isAjebutter’s debut single from his upcoming project “What Happens In Lagos“. This song is definitely one to add to your playlist. You can check out the lyrics here
iv. Olamide x Jblinks – Who you epp?: This is another dude who nailed this joint. He is a guy to look out for.
v. Olamide x Toby Grey – Who You Epp?: Toby Grey showed her rap skills as she hopped on this joint.She proved she’s ‘got enough balls to kill’ this joint too.
vi. Iyanya – Type of woman: Iyanya who came into the music scene with his sensational voice shows us he still got it in this love tale not only that there’s a hook that’s got you moving your body in this single. This is one song I’d like to describe as an all in one song.
vii. 9ice – Aunty: The first line of this single is 100% guaranteed to get you hooked. 9ice is sure here to stay and might probably bring home the grammy we’ve all been waiting for. The ancestor’s lyrics is as dope as it has always been. This song is no mistake for real.
viii. Skuki – Lori Standing ft. Lil Kesh: This song has enough potential to be a club banger. It was produced by Young John and small but mighty Lil Kesh spat a little on the mic. You’d love.
ix. Koker – One dance (drake cover): If you’ve heard Kolewerk then you definitely know Chocolate City’s Koker. Koker definitely shows his versatility of sound and style and makes a very audible statement on why he will always be a major force to be reckoned with in the African music scene. He is definitely a talented dude and this song does not fall short of that statement.