Ghanaian Afro-fusion sensation, Gyakie is one of the rising superstars that has been on the watchlist for some years now.
As a matter of fact, Gyakie dropped in her debut project “Seed” EP on the 7th of August 2020 and this makes it a year since it made airwaves.
Here, we are taking a look at the project and the notable feats it has achieved over the series of months.
From inception, the 5-track body of work consisting, three full-fleshed-out songs and an intro and outro in a freestyle mold was a widely accepted work.
In it begets her hit track, “Forever” which shot her to international fame and acceptance. Having reached a certain peak, she furthers the song in a remix version with Nigeria’s Afro-fusion rising star, Omah Lay earlier this year.
Forever’s music video currently records 9.5million views on YouTube, while the remix version which set her up for the Nigerian market currently records 13.4million views.
- RELATED: Gyakie: The daughter of a legendary Highlife musician is forging her own path.
- RELATED: The glory of Shatta Wale in the African music space
Although, the project features no artiste, however, it was able to get her the perfect recognition she deserves and a couple of achievements listed below:
- The hit song on the project, “Forever” entered the Billboard Top Thriller Global Chart. Likewise, Shazams Top 200 Charts.
- Also, Seed Ep gets a nomination from the Vodafone Ghana Music Award for the EP of the year.
- With over 3 million streams on Spotify and counting, the project is adequately doing well.
- Also, she currently has a Sony Music record deal, which was greatly influenced by her project.
In conclusion, a year of blossom hits and a constant push to the top is what awaits this future legend.