CKay’s ‘Love Nwantiti’ achieves huge milestone on Spotify
CKay’s ‘Love Nwantiti’ surpasses 1 billion streams on Spotify across all versions
Chukwuka Ekweani, better known as CKay, who is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, and music producer has become the first Nigerian singer to have a single song with over a billion Spotify streams.
The Warner Records signee appears to have done a lot in the last year, with his global smash song ‘Love Nwantiti ‘Ah Ah Ah‘ receiving multiple certifications around the world and becoming the first African artist to surpass 30 million monthly Spotify listeners.
- Nigerian Songs that crossed the 100 Million Mark on Spotify
- African artistes with over a billion views on YouTube
Three years after the original song’s release, “Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah)” and all remixes have amassed over a billion streams on Spotify.
The song, which appeared on CKay’s album ‘CKay The First,’ was first released in 2019.
.@ckay_yo's "love nwantiti (ah ah ah)" has now surpassed 1 billion streams on Spotify across all versions. It's the first African song to hit this milestone.
— chart data (@chartdata) May 9, 2022
Below are the Spotify streams from all the versions
- Love Nwantiti (ah ah ah) – 459,929,781
- Love Nwantiti (ah ah ah) feat Joeboy & Kuami Eugene [Remix] – 34,247,503
- Love Nwantiti (Acoustic Version) – 11,915,558
- Love Nwantiti feat ElGrande Toto [Noth African Remix] – 105,564,734
- Love Nwantiti feat Franglish [French Remix] – 16,023,651
- Love Nwantiti feat DJ Yo! & AX’EL [Remix] – 375,180,159
In other news, Popular American singer, songwriter, and performer, Tyrone William Griffin Jr., popularly known as TY Dolla Sign, has teased an upcoming song featuring buzzing Nigerian singer, songwriter, and instrumentalist, CKay.
The American music act has confirmed that something is in the works with the Nigerian singer