Newcastle United optimistic about beating Chelsea to sign Anthony Gordon

  • Newcastle United confident of defeating to sign Anthony Gordon.

Newcastle United optimistic of beating Chelsea to sign Anthony Gordon
Newcastle United optimistic about beating to sign Anthony Gordon

According to reports, Newcastle United are optimistic about sealing deal to sign Anthony Gordon, and talks are progressing with Everton over deal.

The England Under-21 forward is willing to move this month, according to sources, and move to Newcastle would appealing to him.

Newcastle boss has insisted the club are doing their homework on the player, and 90min revealed earlier this week that reports on Gordon were very good.

The player caught the Magpies’ attention last summer, and they now believe he may the perfect addition as they attempt to strengthen their team in preparation for the second half of the season.

Everton is expected to approve deal worth close to £40 million, and Newcastle would prefer to pay £30 million upfront and an additional £10 million in add-ons.

Everton continues to interested in the player despite rejecting Chelsea’s offer of £45 million in the summer. While Newcastle wants to bring Gordon in right away, the Blues are exploring an offer that would allow Gordon to stay on loan at Goodison Park to aid them in their fight against relegation.


RELATED:


Speaking after Newcastle’s victory over Southampton in the first leg of their Carabao Cup semi-final on Tuesday, Howe insisted he was not aware of how the prospective deal for Gordon was progressing.

“Honestly, I’ve got no idea [whether there have been developments over the Gordon deal]. I’ve been preparing for the game, so I’ve got no idea. But I wouldn’t comment on individual players anyway,” he said.

“I’ve got no idea if we’ve got any closer to anything, but we’re actively looking, I have that. But as of tonight, I have no update.”

Newcastle is also working on further potential deals. Hakim Ziyech of , who has already been told he can leave this month, is still of interest to them.

It’s interesting to note that Allan Saint-Maximin has not been that pleased with Newcastle’s interest in new forward.

The Frenchman’s season has been ruined by injuries, but even though he has been healthy since December, he hasn’t made start since August.

Saint-Maximin had been seeking new contract last year, but considering that his current one goes through 2026, Newcastle never really gave it any thought. The decision to allow him to depart is still being debated, but we understand that moving this January seems doubtful.

 

Comments are closed.