Asake issues a statement following the mayhem at his London show.

  • Singer Asake releases statement following chaos at his London show

  • Asake Tenders Apology Over Disruption at His London Show, Reveals Next Line of Action

Asake issues a statement following the mayhem at his London show.
Asake issues a statement following the mayhem at his London show.

Asake is currently in the news after he issued a formal statement on his social media pages in response to the disturbance with his performance at his show on December 15 in London.

The YBNL pleaded with individuals who had been hurt by the disturbance, saying that he was trying to get in touch with them.

Asake emphasised that he had not yet received all the information regarding what caused the commotion at the door to The Brixton Academy, where he had his event.

The Nigerian Afrobeats artist has said in a statement on Instagram: “My heart is with those who were injured last night and caused any form of discomfort. I pray you get well soonest.

“I am also in the process of reaching out to individuals.

“I still do not have the full brief from the venue management themselves as to what led to the disruption at the entrance of the Brixton Academy, but we are thankful that all was peaceful at the end.

“For my people who enjoyed the beginning of my performance, I am sorry that it was cut short.

for your unbelievable love, London. I love you too much! I’m looking forward to seeing you again in a bit!”


RELATED:


Asake, whose real name is Ahmed Ololade, was recently nominated for BBC Radio 1’s Sound of 2023 award, for artists breaking through in the UK.

Lambeth police and other emergency services were alerted to the scene on Stockwell Road after 9.30pm following reports of injuries after “a large crowd attempted to gain entry without tickets”.

Injuries were believed to have been caused by “crushing”, according to Scotland Yard police officers. No arrests have been made.

The concert was eventually cancelled part- through, with fans of the Nigerian singer told: “The reason we have to stop the show is because they have breached the doors.

“You’ve got 3,000 people have broken the doors outside and because of security the police have asked us to close the show.”

Footage posted showed large crowds outside the building, with many people holding up mobile phones and filming the scene.

Comments are closed.