Martinelli reacts after his Brazil World Cup call-up is called a ‘disgrace’

  • Gabriel Martinelli responds after his Brazil World Cup call-up is called a ‘disgrace’.

Martinelli reacts after his Brazil World Cup call-up is called a ‘disgrace’
Martinelli reacts after his Brazil World Cup call-up is called a ‘disgrace’

Arsenal Foward Gabriel Martinelli claims he anticipated questions about his World Cup selection after his selection to Brazil’ team this week was branded as a “joke” and a “disgrace.”

The 21-year-old has been selected for Brazil’ 26-man World Cup team, which will compete in beginning on November 24 against Serbia.

But earlier this week, former Brazil midfielder Neto hit out at the decision to take Martinelli to the World Cup and suggested Flamengo forward Gabriel Barbosa, who has scored 29 goals in 62 games this year, should have gone instead.

‘I think this is normal,’ Martinelli told ESPN Brasil.

‘Some people in Brazil don’t know me, and it’ also normal to say that other players deserved to be there. But I’m pretty cool about it. I think this is normal.


RELATED:


‘I know what I’m doing at my club, I know my ability and I know what I can do. And you can be sure that I will do my best for the Brazilian team, in whatever I can help the team I will help. It will be a great experience for me.’

Asked about the reaction he received at Arsenal following his call-up, Martinelli said: ‘Everyone was very happy for us to be in the World Cup.

‘It’ good for Arsenal too, to have players in the World Cup. And everyone was very happy, we are a very united team.

‘Today there was also the call-up of Bukayo [Saka], Aaron [Ramsdale] and Ben [White], so we are happy for each other.

‘We know that we are at the top of the Premier League, but this is just the beginning, and that we still have a lot of work to do.’

Follow Us On Google News [CLICK HERE] 

For Whatsapp Updates [CLICK HERE].

Comments are closed.

X
For header!