Hours after Adekunle Gold released his much anticipated song, AG Baby, featuring Nailah Blackman, it’s been on repeat on many sound systems – including ours at Mp3bullet.ng
While Something Different took on a blues feel, and Jore had an owambe vibe (more like Teni‘s Gele), this track is on another level. Remember the days when Adekunle Gold couldn’t help calling on a higher being for help, in his song Pick Up? Remember when he couldn’t help soliloquizing about days past and days ahead in Ire? Well, gone are those days because now Adekunle is telling you in his new song, AG Baby, that he’s up on the mainstream and doing things.
Here’s why Mp3bullet.ng loves this new sound by the alte artiste:
1) It perfects Adekunle’s transition to Afropop music.
2) The dancehall vibe is something that will have you forgetting the worries of the world, for about 3 minutes at least.
3) Adekunle served the sauce with his lyrics! He basically told everyone who had ever underrated him that they know nothing.
4) The cover art of the song is dope! Shoutout to the cover artist for making us yearn to press play.
5) Most times when artiste feature other acts on their music it ends up sounding like they shouldn’t have bothered. But that’s not the case in this song. Nailah Blackman‘s voice totally complemented Adekunle‘s sound, and one artiste didn’t overshadow the other.
Have you listened to AG Baby? What did you like about it?